How to Make Beach Curls for Short Hair
Beachy waves are a popular hairstyle, giving you a relaxed and effortless look. While they may seem more suited for longer locks, beach curls can also be achieved on short hair. If you have shorter hair and want to achieve those beautiful beachy curls, follow these simple steps.
1. Start with clean, dry hair: Ensure your hair is completely clean and dry before you begin. This will help the curls hold better and prevent any frizz.
2. Apply heat protectant: Before using any heat styling tools, apply a heat protectant spray or cream to protect your hair from damage.
3. Section your hair: Divide your hair into small sections, using clips to keep them separate. This will make it easier to curl each section.
4. Use a curling wand or curling iron: If you have a curling wand, it’s ideal for creating beachy waves. Start by wrapping a small section of hair around the wand, holding it for a few seconds, and then releasing. Repeat this process for each section, alternating the direction of the curls for a more natural look. If you don’t have a wand, a curling iron can also work. Simply wrap the hair around the barrel, holding it for a few seconds, and then releasing.
5. Curl the front sections away from your face: To frame your face nicely, curl the front sections of your hair away from your face. This will create a flattering and soft look.
6. Let the curls cool: Once you have curled all the sections, let the curls cool down completely. This will help the curls set and last longer.
7. Finger comb the curls: After the curls have cooled down, use your fingers to gently comb through the curls. This will create a softer and more natural look.
8. Apply a texturizing spray: To enhance the beachy effect and add texture, spritz a texturizing spray throughout your hair. This will give your curls more hold and volume.
1. Can I achieve beach curls on very short hair?
Yes, you can still achieve beach curls on very short hair. Use a smaller curling wand or iron, and curl small sections of hair to create texture and movement.
2. How do I prevent my short hair from looking too curly?
To prevent your short hair from looking too curly, use a larger barrel curling wand or iron. Wrap larger sections of hair around the barrel to create loose waves.
3. How long will beach curls last on short hair?
Beach curls can last up to 2-3 days on short hair, depending on your hair type and the products you use. To make them last longer, sleep with your hair in loose braids or twists.
4. Can I achieve beach curls without heat?
Yes, you can achieve beach curls without heat by braiding your hair while it’s damp and leaving it overnight. In the morning, unravel the braids to reveal beautiful beachy waves.
5. How often should I wash my hair if I have beach curls?
To maintain the beach curls, it’s best to wash your hair every 2-3 days. Over-washing can strip away natural oils and make the curls lose their shape.
6. Can I use sea salt spray to enhance beach curls on short hair?
Yes, sea salt spray can be a great addition to enhance beach curls on short hair. It adds texture and creates a more authentic beachy look.
7. How can I prevent frizz in my beach curls?
To prevent frizz in your beach curls, make sure to use a heat protectant before styling. Additionally, use a serum or oil to smooth down any frizz after styling. Avoid touching your curls too much throughout the day, as this can cause frizz as well.