Where to Stay Before Disney Cruise Port Canaveral
If you’re planning to embark on a Disney Cruise from Port Canaveral, Florida, it’s important to find the perfect place to stay before you set sail. Port Canaveral is conveniently located on Florida’s east coast, just an hour away from Orlando, making it an ideal destination for families looking to enjoy both the Disney theme parks and a magical cruise. Here are a few recommendations for accommodations near Port Canaveral.
1. Disney’s Beach Club Resort: This luxurious resort is located within the Walt Disney World Resort complex and offers convenient transportation to Port Canaveral. Enjoy the resort’s amenities, including a pool with a sandy bottom and the beautiful Crescent Lake.
2. The Radisson Resort at the Port: This hotel is just a mile away from Port Canaveral and offers a complimentary shuttle service to the cruise terminal. The resort features spacious rooms, a pool, and a restaurant.
3. Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral: With spacious suites and a complimentary breakfast, this hotel is perfect for families. It’s located just a few minutes away from Port Canaveral and provides a shuttle service to the cruise terminal.
4. Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral: This all-suite hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, a pool, and a shuttle service to the cruise terminal. It’s conveniently located near popular attractions like Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach.
5. Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Canaveral: Just a short distance from the cruise terminal, this hotel provides a shuttle service, complimentary breakfast, and a pool. It’s also within easy reach of Cocoa Beach and other attractions.
6. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cocoa: This hotel offers spacious rooms, a complimentary breakfast, and a shuttle service to the cruise terminal. It’s located near Cocoa Beach and is just a short drive from Port Canaveral.
7. Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront: This beachfront hotel is perfect for those looking to relax before their cruise. It features an oceanfront pool, direct beach access, and a variety of dining options. The hotel is also conveniently located near Port Canaveral.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How far is Port Canaveral from Orlando?
Port Canaveral is approximately an hour’s drive from Orlando.
2. Is there parking available at Port Canaveral?
Yes, there is parking available at the cruise terminal for both short-term and long-term stays.
3. How do I get from my hotel to the cruise terminal?
Many hotels near Port Canaveral offer shuttle services to the cruise terminal. Be sure to check with your hotel for availability and schedules.
4. Can I bring my own food onboard the cruise ship?
Disney Cruise Line allows guests to bring pre-packaged snacks and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, outside food and beverages are not permitted in the dining areas.
5. Are there any hotels that offer park and cruise packages?
Yes, several hotels near Port Canaveral offer park and cruise packages, which include accommodations, parking, and shuttle service to the cruise terminal.
6. Can I explore Orlando before my cruise?
Absolutely! Many visitors choose to spend a few days in Orlando before their cruise to explore the theme parks and other attractions.
7. What time should I arrive at the cruise terminal?
Disney Cruise Line recommends arriving at the cruise terminal between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to ensure a smooth embarkation process.